Sanken Production Microphones Warranty
Sanken Production Live and Studio Microphones
Distributed in N America by plus24
COS-11D – Two years parts and labor for defects (D only, previous models are out of warranty)
Shotguns, COS-11D-HWM and other Sanken Production and Live Mic Products – One year parts and labor for defects
Warranty includes parts and labor for mic manufacturing defects, this does not include termination or connector damage.
Except as specified below, the warranty covers all defects in material and workmanship in this product. The following are not covered by the warranty:
- Damage resulting from accident, misuse, abuse, or neglect.
- Damage resulting from failure to follow the specifications and the resulting limitations.
- Damage occurring during shipment of the product (claims must be presented to the carrier).
- Damage resulting from repair or attempted repair by anyone other than Sanken or an authorized Sanken service facility.
- Damage to any unit which has been altered or on which the serial number has been defaced, modified or removed.
Length of Warranty
All parts are warranted for two (2) years for the COS-11D from the date of original purchase, and (1) one year for other Sanken Production and Live mic products. Labor is warranted for ninety (90) days from date of original purchase.
Whenever warranty or replacement service is required, the end-user must present the original dated sales receipt. The dealer/end-user must pay any shipping charges if it is necessary to ship the product for service to plus24. However, if the necessary repairs are covered by the warranty, plus24 will pay return surface shipping charges to any destination within the United States.
Exclusion of Damages
Sanken Microphone and plus24’s liability for any defective product is limited to repair or replacement of the product at Sanken Microphone’s option. Sanken Microphone and plus24 shall not be liable for:
- Damages based upon inconvenience, loss of use of the product, loss of time, interrupted operation or commercial loss; or
- Any other damages, whether incidental, consequential or otherwise.
If a field or A/V product is in need of service, the dealer should be the first point of contact. The dealer shall investigate the problem and determine if the product is within the warranty period. Also, the dealer shall investigate if the product has a voided warranty due to any reason listed above. If the product is out of warranty, and the dealer is qualified to perform the repair, the dealer should provide the end-user with a cost estimate for the repair or replacement. If the product is not determined to be out of warranty, then this information is to be provided to plus24 without delay. plus24 will then decide the warranty status. All decisions are solely plus24’s and are final.